Cleaning under couch?

Cleaning under couch?

My S5 used to always clean under couches at first, but recently it stops doing so. There is definitely enough room under the couch for the vacuum.

Any help on how to get it to start cleaning under couches again?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Is there a workaround to this? I liked it so much better before this firmware update.

Like2
  • Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We did some changes in firmware update.

In most occasions, robot will face a lot of issues like getting lost or stuck if it goes to underneath bed or couch whose height is almost the same as robot. We receive a lot of complaint about that. 

I know your robot could well clean the area under bed or couch before without any stuck or confusion issue. But the height from your bed or couch to ground is approaching the threshold that robot may get lost or stuck, which is reason why it still avoids going inside.

We understand that you need robot clean the place like underneath bed or couch where is hard for man to clean and may have dirty stuff. But we also have to assure robot won't cause problems to other customers in almost same situations. 

Hope you can understand and forgive it.

Like1
    Vertigo
    Vertigo02/10/2020      10:00
    @RR_Support:

Please please please, make this optional, so the user can decide if he wants the vacuum to go under tight spots (and possibly get stuck for some users) or not. Make the default to play safe if you want, but give us the option to make it work like it used to. I have literally just a few millimeter clearance under several pieces of furniture and I was delighted it went under almost all of them. Knowing this behavior will change means I will not update the firmware until this becomes a choice (or at the very least we can downgrade the firmware again).

Like5
    White
    White04/25/2020      19:29
    @Vertigo:

I agree with vertigo...it should be optional. If it's getting stuck under a sofa, user can define a no-go zone but for other users who wants to have it clean there is no option...especially in my case, my sofa is a bit higher than 10cm and with old version it works perfectly fine but i am afraid of upgrading it because of this issue. And now i am missing all the valuable features and bug fixes which come with the upgrade. Also this height was a criteria for me before buying S5. I hope development team, put this option...you can call it go-go-go zone as counterpart of no-go zone ;)

Like2
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member04/26/2020      08:32
    @Vertigo:

Thank you for that, we will forward it to our tech department and hope they could improve it in future~~

Like1
    Load More >>
  • We just got an S6 MaxV and set it up last night. It worked perfectly while mapping and vacuuming our laminate floor, but it only went a little way under our couches and then backed out. The height of the bottom of the couch is just about an inch above the top of the robot, so there is space for it to clean without getting stuck. I really was hoping it would clean under the couch as I value this. Is there any work around on this? If not, I might be returning it for another boy that might accomplish this desired result. Please let me know your thoughts when you have a moment. Thank you!

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member01/08/2021      09:42
    @Jsleonard :

Could you send us a picture of the couch?

It seems that the height of the couch is near to the threshold value, to protect the robot from getting stuck or damaged, the robot may not go under it. Usually, it would be better if the height is higher than 15 cm.

Like0
  • Hello, what is the firmware version that cleans well under couch? I have version 3.5.8_2020 currently on my S5 and it wants to update to 3.5.8_002034. Should I keep the current version? Tks

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member01/09/2021      09:59
    @Zorzi:

if there is a firmware available and the current robot cannot clean under couch, you can install the latest one to have a try.

Like0
  • I am happy I just found this.

I have a 10cm space under the couch and almost bought the S6 MaxV just because it is shorter than 10cm, but now I know it wouldn’t clean under the couch.

that was extremely helpful to know before buying something that doesn’t fit my needs!

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member07/10/2021      09:33
    @LB:

Noted that. We'll forward the feedback to our tech team and will try to manage it in the future.

Best regards.

Like0
  • I have this problem too. The strange part is my s5 max will clean under the coffee table but not under the couch which both have the same height!

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member04/20/2022      13:11
    @AQ:

Hi, thanks for reaching out.

The robot will face a lot of issues like getting lost or stuck if it goes underneath the bed or couch where the clearance is not enough for the robot to navigate. We've received a lot of complaint about that. 

I know your robot could well fit the area under your bed or couch before without getting lost or stuck. But the height from your bed or couch to ground is approaching the threshold that robot may get lost or stuck, which is why it avoids going inside.

We understand that you need robot to clean the place underneath the bed or couch which is hard for human to clean and may have accumulated dirty stuff. But we also have to assure robot won't cause further problems. 

Hope you can understand and forgive it.

Like0
    CG
    CG06/11/2022      11:57
    @RR_Support:

This approach is NOT logical. You are limiting the cleaning capabilities.

Users having issues with the Roborocks getting stuck should be using or told by RoboRock to use no-go zones.

Limiting the cleaning abilities is not a good approach.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member06/18/2022      16:42
    @CG:

Thanks for posting. We're always looking for ways to improve the user experience and we appreciate your feedback.

For more help, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@roborock.com(if you are in EU, contact support@roborock-eu.com).

Like0
  • We just bought Roborock S7 and learned that it doesn't go under our sofa even though there is enough clearance. Is there any solution to solve this problem? If not, we are considering to return this item.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/10/2022      08:04
    @CH:

Hello, thanks for reaching out. It's suggested to leave a space of at least 11cm. If the height of the furniture is lower than that, it's likely that the robot won't get inside to avoid the risk of getting stuck inside.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RVD26
Welcome to Roborock Forum