Cleaning under couch?

Cleaning under couch?

My S5 used to always clean under couches at first, but recently it stops doing so. There is definitely enough room under the couch for the vacuum.

Any help on how to get it to start cleaning under couches again?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Is there a workaround to this? I liked it so much better before this firmware update.

Like2
  • Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We did some changes in firmware update.

In most occasions, robot will face a lot of issues like getting lost or stuck if it goes to underneath bed or couch whose height is almost the same as robot. We receive a lot of complaint about that. 

I know your robot could well clean the area under bed or couch before without any stuck or confusion issue. But the height from your bed or couch to ground is approaching the threshold that robot may get lost or stuck, which is reason why it still avoids going inside.

We understand that you need robot clean the place like underneath bed or couch where is hard for man to clean and may have dirty stuff. But we also have to assure robot won't cause problems to other customers in almost same situations. 

Hope you can understand and forgive it.

Like1
    Vertigo
    Vertigo02/10/2020      10:00
    @RR_Support:

Please please please, make this optional, so the user can decide if he wants the vacuum to go under tight spots (and possibly get stuck for some users) or not. Make the default to play safe if you want, but give us the option to make it work like it used to. I have literally just a few millimeter clearance under several pieces of furniture and I was delighted it went under almost all of them. Knowing this behavior will change means I will not update the firmware until this becomes a choice (or at the very least we can downgrade the firmware again).

Like3
    White
    White04/25/2020      19:29
    @Vertigo:

I agree with vertigo...it should be optional. If it's getting stuck under a sofa, user can define a no-go zone but for other users who wants to have it clean there is no option...especially in my case, my sofa is a bit higher than 10cm and with old version it works perfectly fine but i am afraid of upgrading it because of this issue. And now i am missing all the valuable features and bug fixes which come with the upgrade. Also this height was a criteria for me before buying S5. I hope development team, put this option...you can call it go-go-go zone as counterpart of no-go zone ;)

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member04/26/2020      08:32
    @Vertigo:

Thank you for that, we will forward it to our tech department and hope they could improve it in future~~

Like0
    Load More >>

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RVD26
Welcome to Roborock Forum