Allow battery to drain past 20%

Allow battery to drain past 20%

Hi all, I recently got my s5 Max after extensive testing against Roomba i7+ and Shark IQ. Very happy with it. I am using the workaround many have mentioned to have it clean my 2nd floor. My issue is it drains to 20% battery life just short of finishing the floor. Then it stops cleaning and looks for the base to recharge, which it can't do since its on my main floor.

Is there a way to turn off the re-charge and resume option so that the vacuum continues to clean past 20%?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Probably won't be an option, as you further discharge lipos, battery life significantly gets shorter. I'm sure it's all in the name of battery health. A better option would to not show people this "reserve" capacity.

Like0
  • We are sorry that it is not supported to turn off that option and robot will go back to dock when drains to 20% battery.

The multiple map saved function is not well made at present and could not meet customers' need, which is reason why don't say it supports multiple map saved. It is suggested to reset map every time and bring dock with robot when the robot is brought to another floor.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prozaakk
Welcome to Roborock Forum