Roborock S50 : mapping issue... lost on floor

Roborock S50 : mapping issue... lost on floor

Hello,

I have 2 vacuum robots at home (Roborock S5 and an Original Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum). The Xiaomi works great but the roborock makes strange and random runs.

I tried to move its base several times to see if it changes but without any noticeable success.

Any ideas?

Thank you for your coming help.

I join 2 maps of the same floor by the 2 robots on the same day...both robots are up to date according to the app, sensors cleaned.

Roborock KO

Xiaomi OK

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Dear Customer,

We are sorry for all the inconvenience.

According to the map, we can see it has some overlapping on the map.

1. How many floors do you have? If more than one, did you bring robot to different floor?

2. Is there mirror on the ground of your house? Robot's laser may reflect on mirror and it will think there is room inside of mirror.

3. Was map correct before with same house environment?

4. Have you tried to delete current map as attached picture and try to create a new map?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member03/31/2020      11:54
    @RR_Support:

Like0
  • I have same problem with this map. It is overlapping and it is unable to find the room that i assigned it to. Let say i assigned it to clean the room on left, it goes somewhere else.

There is no mirror in my house, i only use this vacuum on the same floor all the time. Map was correct before. I tried deleted the map and re-mapping. But it after a while, the problem re-appears

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/19/2020      08:47
    @Ametis:

You can send us some problematic cleanup map for reference. Please mark the targeted room you selected.

Use wet cloth to clean the wall sensor and cliff sensors; also you can move the dock's position to a more central area of the house and try again.

Like0
    Boonedocks
    Boonedocks12/30/2020      14:03
    @RR_Support:

Can you tell my why I have a perfectly functioning map (although the cleaning route makes no sense) and then all of the sudden the No-Go zones are all messed up. Nothing changed except the No-Go zones are off and the robot gets lost / stuck

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/31/2020      11:00
    @Boonedocks:

Sorry to hear that.

Could you send us some pictures for reference?

Also, please send us the device info.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lerig
Welcome to Roborock Forum