AI Power in S5 MAX

AI Power in S5 MAX

Hello.

In some reviews i saw that S5 MAX have AI Power feature (when vacuum can't finish cleaning becouse have to low battery power, back to dock and charge just enough energy for finish inconplete cleaning. My S5 MAX in that situations always charge to 80%. Why ?

I have latest FW.

Best regards

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Dear customer, is this issue happened for its first cleanup? If yes, we are afraid it is normal, since the power calculation is based on a already created map. With map saved, the AI power feature would work more accurately.

And please also kindly note that closed doors for your house might also cause the issue.

Like0
    VANT
    VANT04/15/2020      12:30
    @RR_Support:

Hello.

Its not first time cleanup, its normal cleaning by "room cleaning". Map was created 2 months earlier.

I select three room to cleaning, and on last room my vacuum back to dock, and charge battery to 80%. After this return to clean rest of room.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member04/17/2020      08:20
    @VANT:

Hi Vant, Thank you for your explain. We are afraid it's the resume cleaning function.

How resume cleaning works?

1. When battery is 20% during cleaning, robot goes back to dock for charging.

2. When battery is 80% on dock, robot goes to the spot where it left to resume cleaning.

3. When battery is 20% again during cleaning, robot goes back to dock for charging.

4. When battery is 80% again on dock, robot goes to the spot where it left to resume cleaning.

5. When battery is 20% again during cleaning, robot goes back to dock for charging.

But this time robot won't resume cleaning even it is fully charged and will always stay on dock. cleaning is over

Notice:

1. Robot could only resume cleaning twice.

2. You may not notice robot has resumed cleaning if you are not looking at the robot on the moment.

3. Robot won't resume cleaning on above point 2 and 4 if the moment is during the DND period(No Disturb mode). Please disable DND mode and try again. See attached picture.

Like0
    VANT
    VANT04/17/2020      09:12
    @RR_Support:

hmmm.

This cleanup was started in normal time (DND not actived in this time). I observe my vacuum when he back to dock for charging and this was only one attempt for this cleaning.

One more information. Vacuum was start cleaning with not fully charged battery (dock was disconnected form power socket), maybe this is a source of this problem ?

Like0
    Load More >>

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VANT
Welcome to Roborock Forum