Roborock S5 battery level stuck

Roborock S5 battery level stuck

Hello,

My roborock isn't charging anymore. It doesn't show any error, but the battery level doesn't move anymore.

I replaced the battery yesterday, launched a cleaning session, but still the same. The roborock is dock, no error, white blinking light saying it's charging, but the level doesn't change.

I also cleaned the contact pins many times without success.

Any idea ? Thank you.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi Robonae, Sorry for the inconvenience. If you have wiped charging contacts, could you send us pictures of charging contacts on dock and underneath of robot like attached picture "charging contact"?

Could you pls check whether the dock charger is working normally?

The indicator light on the dock should be solid on without robot and should be off with robot. See attached pic

Like0
  • Hi, thank you for answering so rapidly.

Here's the pictures you asked. The dock charger seems to be working normally.

This morning I discover that the robot gain about 4% of battery, in 12 hours. charging, passing from 70 to 74%. The battery is, again, new, and the same behavior applied with the old one.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member04/19/2020      07:32
    @Robonae:

Thank you for your picture support. According to the picture, the dock is okay, charging contacts are okay. And the problem is still there after you changed the battery, we are afraid the problem is from motherboard. For this issue, we do not suggest you replace the motherboard, it's better you could contact with seller and apply for warranty service if the robot is still under the warranty. And if your robot was purchased from our official store and it's still under the warranty, you could send purchase info ( such as invoice, Amazon order number ) , SN and the details of the problem ( include the picture you sent above ) to support@roborock.com.

Like0
  • Exactly the same issue here as @Robonae reported with my beloved roborock s5.

@Robonae: Has your problem be solved? Would be great to hear about it! 😎

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member05/18/2020      04:27
    @cHrAb:

Have you ever tried the methods mentioned above?

Could you tell us your device's info?

Make sure robot is connected to app and go to robot's setting, click "copy all" and then paste all the text (not picture) in your email. See attached picture"info".

Could you tell us where did you purchase the product?

If it was from amazon, you could send us the amazon order number like 306-2905359-6881234.

If it was not from amazon, you could send us product link and file or screenshot of receipt.

Like0
  • Have you ended up fixing issue? I got identical problem :(

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member07/04/2020      13:00
    @Ross:

Hello,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused here.

Have you ever tried the methods mentioned above?

You can email us the serial number and the purchase info ( order number, seller's name, purchase date or so) of your device also. The email address is support@roborock.com

Like0
  • Hi all,

This is a well known problem also documented on YouTube!

I had same behavior, first stucks somewhere while loading around 50-60% and getting more worse up to error 13.

If you can use a soldering iron replace component RUILON SMD2920P185TF SMD2920 1.85A PTC Resettable Fuse

like shown in videos.

Repair costs is a few bucks...

Sincerely greetings from Germany.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Robonae
Welcome to Roborock Forum