Can't find path out from under couch

Can't find path out from under couch

Hi

I have the docking station for my S5 under my couch. There isn't really any danger of it becoming stuck, and the vacuum can find the dock without problem. When choosing "Clean all" the robot behaves as expected travels out from under the couch without problem. However if I try to use pin-n-go, or choose zone cleanup somewhere else in my apartment, the robot reports that it cannot find a path. On the map it seems that it believes the edges of the couch are walls. Is there any way to solve this problem?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience, would you please send us a screenshot of the history cleanup for our reference? Thank you.

Like1
    Øystein
    Øystein02/21/2022      07:58
    @RR_Support:

Hi

I'm attaching three screenshots. The first one is after attempting to start cleanup of a specific room. The vacuum starts up, but shuts down with the message that it is unable to find a path to the room and therefore returns to the dock.

The second screenshot is after starting a cleanup of "all". The vacuum finds a path from out under the couch and will now clean the whole apartment.

The third screenshot is after interrupting the cleanup of the whole apartment, directing it to clean a specific room, and as you see the vacuum now finds a path back to the dock without a problem.

Like1
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member02/26/2022      10:24
    @Øystein:

Hi, thanks for your reply.

The robot will face a lot of issues like getting lost or stuck if it goes underneath the bed or couch where the clearance is not enough for the robot to navigate. We've received a lot of complaint about that. 

I know your robot could well fit the area under your bed or couch before without getting lost or stuck. But the height from your bed or couch to ground may be approaching the threshold that robot may get lost or stuck, which is why it avoids going inside.

We understand that you need robot to clean the place underneath the bed or couch which is hard for human to clean and may have accumulated dirty stuff. But we also have to assure robot won't cause further problems. 

Hope you can understand and forgive it.

Like1
    Øystein
    Øystein02/26/2022      17:25
    @RR_Support:

Hi

Thank you for your reponse. The robot has no issues going underneath the couch when returning to the dock. It also has no problem finding its way from underneath the couch when i select the option "clean all". It is ONLY if I ask it to clean a specific room or pin and go that the problem occurs. This is not logical. If it can find its way in "clean all" mode and when returning to the dock, it should also be able to navigate when choosing a specific room. This points to the cause being a programming error. Please address this question specifically.

Like1
    Load More >>

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Øystein
Welcome to Roborock Forum