Map disappeared suddenly, replaced by a junky map. How can I restore the old map?

Map disappeared suddenly, replaced by a junky map. How can I restore the old map?

Suddenly, the map disappeared, and, instead there's a junk map. When I go to "cleaning history", I see the old maps, and they are correct. How do I restore an old map?

I don't want to have the robot remap the whole house, again.

I also deleted the new junk map. So now in the "All" mode (not "room" or "zone") the button in the bottom left that allows you "Edit the map" has no option to choose a map.

It's the S4 robot.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• It is disappointing and frustrating that the vacuum doesn't have a way to restore a map from its cleaning history. The maps are clearly visible in the cleaning history. Perhaps this feature could be added in a software update?

Like1
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member10/03/2020      02:51
    @Jim:

Hi, sorry, the feature you mentioned is not available now. We will forward your request to our RD team and hope that they can manage it in the future. But at this moment, we cannot promise anything, hope you can understand.

Also, you can keep an eye on the app for firmware update.

Like0
  • Hi Ron, Sorry for the inconvenience as you could not restore the deleted map, and you could use a backup map. But the suggestion of us is that you could let your robot clean the whole house.

There are four requirements for robot create a new map:

1. Map saved mode is enabled, see attached pic.

2. Robot starts from dock;

3. Robot goes everywhere on map it detects to clean, not just somewhere. Pls make sure the doors are open for the rooms you want to be displayed on map.

4. Robot returns to dock(whose position is not moved) by itself and successfully.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ron
Welcome to Roborock Forum