S5 not updating

S5 not updating

I recently had to reset our S5 because the map wasn't loading right and now it will not finish updating. Any suggestions?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi Jellybean, sorry for the inconvenience, would you please send us a correct and a incorrect history cleanup map for our reference?

1. Does problem happen at the moment when robot starts from the dock? or it could show map fine before it cleans for some time or some area such as 100 square meters? They are 2 different problems and very important for us to figure out what is wrong.

2. Please send us all info of your robot. See attached picture info.

3. What is the size of your house? not size already cleaned, but your house's whole size.

4. If you are using Mi Home, tell us which region your Mi Home selects and switch region to re-add robot to Mi Home to have a try. See attached picture.

5. Clear cache of app. See attached picture.

6. Reinstall app to have a try.

7. Pls use your phone data instead of wifi to see whether map will show up.

8. Do you have any other Xiaomi's device, like camera, lamp?

Like0
    Jellybean
    Jellybean04/25/2020      13:24
    @RR_Support:

So this is what I have going on right now. I did a factory reset and reinstalled the app. Our roborock s4 is working great and I can see the map for that one but now I'm trying to update the S5 and it won't do it.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member04/26/2020      08:40
    @Jellybean:

Sorry for the inconvenience. Do you mean the map is still loading after you upgrade? or the upgrade is also failed? If the problem is you can't upgrade the firmware, please try below methods:

Pls make sure your robot is on dock and the battery is more than 20% when you try to upgrade its firmware version. If upgrading failed, try methods below:

1. Check if there is new version of Mi Home app in google play or app store.

2. Move robot close to router and test again.

3. Move robot away from dock and reboot it by pressing and holding power button.

4. Switch region of app and add robot to app again to test.

If the problem is occurs still occurs, would you please copy all the info ( pic as a reference ) and send the details about the issue and invoice of the robot S5 to our support@roborock.com?

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jellybean
Welcome to Roborock Forum