S5 max on Roborock app stuck on Loading Map

S5 max on Roborock app stuck on Loading Map

I just purchased the s5 max, have had it for 2 days. I completed a full scan of my house (~2500 sqft) and then I was able to divide rooms etc. I selected a room and it went and cleaned the room and returned to the dock. Now I open the app and all I see is "Loading map" and I wait and wait and nothing, it's just stuck. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app, but nothing has fixed it. I can't use the app at all without a map, so please advise on how to fix this. thanks

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Dear Sean, sorry for the inconvenience.

Would you please send us all info of your robot. See attached picture info.

Clear cache of app. See attached picture.

Pls use your phone data instead of wifi to see whether map will show up.

Robot could connect hotspot from a smartphone:

You must get 2 smart phones( A and B) .

1. Enable phone A's hotspot in phone's setting and create a name and password of hotspot.

2. Use phone B to install app and try to make robot cleaner connect hotspot sent from phone A.

Forget about the wifi from router in the whole process.

And also, would you please send us a screenshot of the history cleanup map and the interface loading map on your app for our reference?

Like0
  • And If it's inconvenient to send the info here, please kindly send all details and info to our support@roborock.com, thank you.

Like0
  • I am having same issue with S4. We spent 2 days mapping our home and now it is stuck on "Map loading".

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member05/02/2020      15:36
    @JJ:

Dear customer, sorry for all the inconvenience caused.

1. Does problem happen at the moment when robot starts from the dock? or it could show map fine before it cleans for some time or some area such as 100 square meters? They are 2 different problems and very important for us to figure out what is wrong.

2. Please send us all info of your robot. See attached picture info.

3. What is the size of your house? not size already cleaned, but your house's whole size.

4. If you are using Mi Home, tell us which region your Mi Home selects and switch region to re-add robot to Mi Home to have a try. See attached picture.

5. Clear cache of app. See attached picture.

6. Reinstall app to have a try.

7. Pls use your phone data instead of wifi to see whether map will show up.

8. Do you have any other Xiaomi's device, like camera, lamp?

Like1
    Slpyjoe
    Slpyjoe12/13/2020      21:13
    @RR_Support:

Same issue on s4 here as well

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/16/2020      08:32
    @Slpyjoe:

Have you ever tried the suggestions above?

Like0
  • Same issue here in Florida with S5. Maps worked this morning. Robot reports square foot of cleaning and battery state, but Map is stuck loading. . . Robot got stuck, I cleared that, but since then map was squirrely. Either robot stopped loading map data to the server, or the server is not sending it to my phone. Tried clearing cache, tried clearing all cache and data, reinitializing account on phone. . . No go. Stuck on two different android phones. Same problem

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member05/21/2021      09:49
    @kakunka:

Sorry for all the inconvenience caused.

1. Does problem happen at the moment when robot starts from the dock? or it could show map fine before it cleans for some time or some area such as 100 square meters? They are 2 different problems and very important for us to figure out what is wrong.

2. What is the size of your house? not size already cleaned, but your house's whole size.

4. If you are using Mi Home, please switch region to re-add robot to Mi Home to have a try. See attached picture.

6. Reinstall app to have a try.

7. Pls use your phone data instead of wifi to see whether map will show up.

8. Do you have any other Xiaomi's device, like camera, lamp?

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

sean
Welcome to Roborock Forum