S5 Max Navigation Issue

S5 Max Navigation Issue

Hi,

I encountered a navigation issue with my new S5 Max. There are 3 spots in my house where there are no obstacles but the robot always spin and go around before continuing its path. This always happened, at the same places, regardless of where I put the dock, the cleaning mode (vacuum and/or mopping). I even tried with another robot (S5 max), but the result is the same.

Pls see the video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qDBbynJVWcCgFNV88

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• carpet with black ?

Like0
    Thieu
    Thieu05/03/2020      03:24
    @VANT:

Could you pls elaborate? There are no carpets...

Like0
    VANT
    VANT05/11/2020      19:29
    @Thieu:

if no carpet, then no explanations :)

Like0
  • Dear customer,

Could you please try to clean the wall sensor as attached picture to see if it works?

If it is not helping, could you please take some pictures of those 3 places?

And if it is not very convenient for you to share here, please kindly contact us through our support email, support@roborock.com

Like0
    Thieu
    Thieu05/11/2020      15:38
    @RR_Support:

Thanks for your response. Cleaning the sensor did not help, and I've tried to clean with 2 brand-new S5 max, so I think there must be something wrong with the algorithm. I enclosed here the photos of the 3 places for your investigation. Thanks.

Link to the photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qywHYATMGGzPc2hG6

Like0
    VANT
    VANT05/11/2020      19:35
    @Thieu:

maybe the reflective surfaces of furniture are a problem ?

floor is quite normal, so this is not cliff sensor problem.

Like1
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member05/12/2020      08:54
    @Thieu:

Thank you for your picture. About this issue, may I suggest you send the history cleanup map and the pictures to our support@roborock.com to find a solution about it? Thank you.

Like0
    Load More >>
  • I have exact same problem. please find a solution.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/10/2020      13:28
    @Aneesh:

Replied to you on another post.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thieu
Welcome to Roborock Forum