S6 new firmware with "no mop" zones

S6 new firmware with "no mop" zones

I've installed the new firmware yesterday (01.17.08) and everything seems great including the mutli floor maps.

one thing i don't understand is the "no mop zones" options. I've tried it and the S6 simply didn't vaccum at all around this zone, which makes sense as it doesn't have any electrical control over the water level. I was wondering what's the meaning of this option in the S6

also, I noticed mopping only mode is gone (gentle) which could be useful when starting a continuous mop only clean with a lot of returns on the same room

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• @RR_Support will "gentle mode" return?

Like1
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member05/08/2020      05:58
    @anonyless:

Please kindly see the picture, the first clean mode is "gentle mode". Thank you.

Like0
    anonyless
    anonyless05/08/2020      09:17
    @RR_Support:

I'm afraid I don't have gentle mode anymore

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member05/09/2020      06:06
    @anonyless:

Hi, Thank you for your reply and info. We've double confirmed with our tech department, they removed the gentle mode in newest firmware version, sorry for the misleading in my previous reply.

Like-1
    Load More >>
  • @RR_support for some reason the forum system doesn't show my replies , so i'll ask again

will "gentle mode" return in future fw update?

Like1
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member05/11/2020      09:16
    @anonyless:

We've forwarded it to our tech department, they removed the " gentle mode " and hope they could get it back. But sorry that we can't give you the promise about it. For future development, please kindly pay your attention to our official website.

Like0
    Matt
    Matt07/04/2020      22:19
    @RR_Support:

I second this. Gentle mode was very useful on my S6 and would like it back on a future software update in the Roborock app

Like0
    Deeyw
    Deeyw09/26/2020      20:02
    @Matt:

I don't understand why it has been removed. Please, listen to your customers. @RR_Support

Like0
    Load More >>
  • Dear Anonyless, Thank you for your feedback. About the no mop zone, if you've installed the water tank and draw the no mop zone, the robot won't go to the no-mop-zone. And the water tank of S6 is not the e-water tank and cannot control the water level on app.

Like0
    anonyless
    anonyless05/06/2020      08:23
    @RR_Support:

okay, i just don''t understand why this option was added for the S6, as it's the exact same as "no go zone"

what about gentle mode? will it return?

thanks again

Like0
    VANT
    VANT05/06/2020      16:14
    @anonyless:

""""it's the exact same as "no go zone"""""

no, its not a same. "No mop zones" is active only then a mop is fitted, when You remove mop, then vacuum can clean "no mop zones"

Like1
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member05/07/2020      05:28
    @VANT:

☺️Correct~~

Like0
    Load More >>
  • On scheduling mode, what does unrestricted mean in the clean position? Thanks

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member10/28/2020      14:35
    @Nilo :

The selected area means that they will be cleaned as scheduled.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anonyless
Welcome to Roborock Forum