Minimum height to clean underneath furniture S5max

Minimum height to clean underneath furniture S5max

I am considering buying a S5max and wonder whether it would be able to clean underneath my furniture which has a height of 10cm? In other words, what is the minimum height required?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi Kat, We are afraid the robot won't go under the furniture if the height is only 10cm. And the minimum height is should be 10-15cm higher than the robot itself.

Like0
    vacuumquestion
    vacuumquestion06/15/2020      16:51
    @RR_Support:

asking for clarification because im thinking about buying an S5 max myself.

Does the device need a total of 25 cm of clearance from the ground, before it will clean under furniture? (15 cm higher as the robot itself as stated above), or does it need 15cm of clearance from the ground (so 5 cm higher as the robot itself).

It's not an option for me to raise my couch 25CM from the ground; 15 cm would be doable. Could you please clarify this?

Also, im wondering if there is any progress or ETA of making this behaviour optional, as suggested in this thread: https://forum.roborock.com/discussion/1847/cleaning-under-couch , so it could clean under 15CM high furniture?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member06/16/2020      07:59
    @vacuumquestion:

Hi, sorry for the confusion.

The height of the S5 Max itself is 96.5 mm(3.80 inches), so the device need a 10-15cm of clearance from the ground, much higher, more secured. 15cm is okay regarding the height of the machine.

For the request mentioned, there is no ETA yet; It is highly suggested to keep an eye on the app for the firmware updates.

Like0
  • I've got an S5Max. I had previously made my furniture robot vacuum friendly for my old robot at 95 mm. The S5max would not work at 95 mm. I raised my couch to 115 mm and it "sorta" works. It often acts "bashful" trying to go under the couch at 115 mm, tying many times before finally going under. The black fabric (under the couch that closes the bottom) underneath hung down at first, where the LIDAR considered it a real obstacle. I then pinned the black fabric and the S5max would mostly work. The couch still shows up as a wall in the map, but the S5Max wil still make its way through. I would think 150 mm / 15 cm would be pretty safe

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member06/16/2020      08:00
    @Erik:

Thanks for sharing, it helps a lot.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kat
Welcome to Roborock Forum