My roborock S5 won't go under my bed after the update firmware

My roborock S5 won't go under my bed after the update firmware

after the update firmware charging problem fixed, thanks to u, but now the roborock won't go under my bed, the roborock just clean the space around the bed. Before the update the roborock would go under my bed and clean the area, I need this function cause it's hard to clean under bed. Please fix it

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Dear Customer,

If you do think the issue is caused by firmware update, we suggest you restore device to factory default.

Step 1. Hold the recharge button for 3-5 seconds.

Step 2. Use a pin to press the reset button next to wifi LED just once,and power button, recharge and spot cleaning button's light will be out. When you are doing this, please make sure recharge button is still under your finger's holding without moving.

Step 3. Keep holding recharge button for 5 seconds after you press reset button until power button blinks again and you hear the tone "Restoring the initial version. It will take about five minutes. Please wait patient", and then you could remove the finger.

Notice:

1. Factory default restore will disconnect RoboVac from wifi. Please re-add it after factory default restore.

2. Factory default restore will also make RoboVac's firmware version come back to original one when it was made in factory. After factory default restore, you could go to RoboVac's setting--general setting--check for updates to upgrade its firmware to latest one( if you want the previous firmware, you could choose to stay with the previous one and not update it).

3. Factory default restore will delete all your setting on device like scheduled cleaning.

4. Factory default restore will delete every single cleaning's log including every cleaning's duration, size and map. But the total duration, total times of cleaning and total size will be still kept there.

Like0
  • The problem solved my roborock will go under my bed now after resetting to the inital firmware, but now evertytime i open the app it offer update firmware or quit, then i press back button and can get into the app but I can do nothing, I can't change the voice to english and can't see the map, the app just display " getting info" and "Map Loading", I have pressed the "menu button" on the top right corner and nothing happen. Please help me

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/22/2020      14:33
    @Yudi:

1. Does problem happen at the moment when robot starts from the dock? or it could show map fine before it cleans for some time or some area such as 100 square meters? They are 2 different problems and very important for us to figure out what is wrong.

2. Please send us all info of your robot. See attached picture info.

3. Take the robot off the charging dock, reboot it by long hold the power button and run the app again to see if it works.

4. What is the size of your house? not size already cleaned, but your house's whole size.

5. If you are using Mi Home, tell us which region your Mi Home selects and switch region to the US or Singapore, then re-connect the robot to Mi Home. See attached picture.

6. Clear cache of app. See attached picture.

7. Reinstall app to have a try.

8. Pls use your phone data instead of wifi to see whether map will show up.

9. Do you have any other Xiaomi's device, like camera, lamp?

Like0
  • because of can't see the area which my robot has cleaned i pressed update firmware and it back wont't go under my bed again. Ok I'll try again set it to the initial firmware again. My home is about 250m2, my serial number R0001S84300173, firmware 3.5.7_002008

Like0
  • I have reset itu to the initial firmware and now the problem back again: I can't see which location that has been cleaned by the robot and it just displayed " map loading" although robot working fine, and when I press the menu button on the top right nothing happen. Answering your question :

1. The problem happen from beginnin, it doesnt show anything on the phone just "map loading"
    2. Can't give you data right now cause when I press menu button nothing happen, unless i agree of update firmware again
    3. Have brought it tht dock and press power button for 3 second but nothing change
    4. My house size is 250m2
    5. I'm in Indonesia so I choose Indonesia, but right now can't change region cause menu button don't respon
    6. I've clear the cache, nothing change
    7. I'll try reinstall the app later
    8. Change from WiFi to cell phone data doesn't change anything
    9. I have another Xiaomi robot the first series that can only do vacuum Model rockrobo.vacuum.v1, Serial Number 1387100846261. This model works fine it can go under my bed but it can't mop the floor

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/26/2020      13:54
    @Yudi:

Try to hard reset it once more time and re-add it to the home wifi. You can move the dock's position to a more central area of the house.

If it is still the same, you can update the firmware to the latest one and we can do some troubleshooting about the original issue mentioned in subject.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yudi
Welcome to Roborock Forum