Roborock Android app v2.0.22 and "roborock service" notification

Roborock Android app v2.0.22 and "roborock service" notification

I've just noticed the new app adds "roborock service" to the notifications bar. It it shown even after the app is closed.

this is completely unnecessary. I don't need another icon on my notifications, and there is no option in the app to stop this behavior. the only way at the moment to remove it, is to stop Roborock app forcefully.

Kindly forward this to the app's developers

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Dear Customer,

This is required since Android 9, the app running in the background must have a Notification to keep running.

With the upgraded of Roborock app, some new features are added. And as the platform requirements, the notification feature has been added, which is why you saw roborock service in the notification bar unless you stop it forcefully.

Like0
    anonyless
    anonyless05/15/2020      09:57
    @RR_Support:

There is absolutely no need for the app to run in the background when the robot isn't working or doing anything. Also, I've went through all the options in the new app, and besides a major GUI change and animations, i couldn't find any new feature added. Could you post a change list for the 2.0.22 app ?

If the new notification icon suppose to solve "Roborock app is draining your battery" messages - it doesn't work. I still get this warning all the time, some time after the robot finish a job.

Like1
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member05/18/2020      08:21
    @anonyless:

Thanks for your reply. The GUI is the major change, there are some changes made along with the external requirement, like the notification.

For now, we can suggest you to close the app completely, and we will forward your advice to our R&D team and hope that they will optimize it in the future.

Like0
  • Why is the app running in the background? There's nothing my vacuum needs to be doing while it's turned off. How can I make it NOT do this?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member10/23/2020      09:08
    @Toby:

Could you provide more details? Have you closed the app completely?

Like0
    Toby
    Toby10/24/2020      19:12
    @RR_Support:

This is in reply to the above support response:

This is required since Android 9, the app running in the background must have a Notification to keep running.

I'm asking why it is running in the background when I've closed it. What "roborock service is running?"

Yes I've closed it. I'm seeing the same notification from the original post and want more info on why it's running when the app is closed

Like0
    Toby
    Toby10/28/2020      14:10
    @RR_Support:

Is that enough info

Like0
    Load More >>
  • Same here with 2.3.26 version. It's very annoying to see a notification what I can't remove.

I disabled theRoboRock Service in my Android settings, then I killedthe application, and the notification is gone. But this is not a normal operation what I wait from ANY application.

And of course I don't know what services are disabled now... so... very annoying.

Please give me feedback what services are down now and is there any other way to handle this issue?

If there isn't any solution to handle this notification, then please inform me when will come an updat whatcan handle it.

Thanks!

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/25/2020      12:25
    @netdjw:

Sure, we will let you know if there is any update. You can keep an eye on our app as well.

Good day.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anonyless
Welcome to Roborock Forum