Doorstep

Hello Support. I have 4 rooms for the robot to clean but the doorsteps are too high so I'd have to move it manually. Do I also have to move the charging base or is the robot enough? And will it save the maps of those rooms?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi,

You do not have to move the dock along with the robot, only the robot is needed.

Besides, please ensure that the multi-floor maps feature is enabled as pic attached.

Like0
    Bogdan
    Bogdan06/07/2020      11:31
    @RR_Support:

Thank you for the reply. Just got the update and it works great.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member06/08/2020      08:22
    @Bogdan:

Great to know that. Congrats.

Like0
    larrymartin
    larrymartin04/18/2024      06:41
    @RR_Support:

Moving the charging base might be necessary if it can not navigate over the doorsteps. As for saving maps it depends on the robots capabilities so checking its documentation or contacting support would be helpful.

Lawn Installation Services in Surfside Beach

Like0
    Load More >>
  • Hi Support,

I am planning on buying a Xiaomi S5 Max for my house. I have a one-level house with several, probably too high door steps.

Is it possible to physically move the robot and have the robot continue to draw on the same map?

Or will the move be seen as a new level and a new/another map will be drawn?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member06/09/2020      07:28
    @andersdh:

Hi, thanks for your requesting.

To create a map, the robot needs start from the dock and cleaning everywhere and return to the dock automatically. Usually we do not suggest customer to move the robot manually while cleaning, it may mess up the map. But you can give it a shot.

Besides, the current S5 Max supports multi-floor maps feature, if it does not create the map properly, you can divide them into several maps to satisfy your needs.

Like1
    King9
    King904/23/2024      10:11
    @RR_Support:

The doorstep symbolizes more than just an entryway; it's a threshold of opportunity and connection. Whether it's a welcoming sight after a long day or a gathering place for conversations with neighbors, the doorstep holds significance in our daily lives. It's where we leave behind the outside world and step into the warmth of home. For reliable healthcare needs, https://canadianinsulin.com/offers accessible solutions at your doorstep.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bogdan
Welcome to Roborock Forum