S6 pure map confusion

S6 pure map confusion

I've used the S6 Pure several times with the saved map. Today, however, the robot seems to have gotten confused. It extended beyond the walls and created a grey area that doesn't really exist - that's an exterior wall (see left and bottom of the map) . Additionally, in the 2 red circled areas, the robot kept going over the same spot over and over. Lastly, it reshaped the island, which is square (part of the confusion of the map), I've circled in blue. Notice it also went into a no-go zone (big red square on the right). Thoughts?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Dear customer,

Thanks for reaching out and we are sorry for the inconvenience caused here.

You can try methods below.

1. Did the problem happen when the water tank was installed? If yes, uninstall tank to see if problem exists.

2. Have you ever checked if there is anything stuck inside of the wheel?

3. Does it happen on both carpet and hard floor? Did you wax wood floor recently? Could you send us some pictures of the areas in red circles?

4. Use wet cloth to clean the wall sensor at right of device and cliff sensors like attached picture to have a try. If problem still exists, could you please send us a picture of wall sensor? You need to open the flash when taking photo of wall sensor so that it could show inside of sensor clearly.

Is there mirror on the ground of your house? Robot's laser may reflect on mirror and it will think there is room inside of mirror.

Was map correct before with same house environment? How many floors do you have?

For the no go zone issue it seems that the robot got slipped. You can take more time to verify whether it works well as it should be.

Try to relocate the dock's position more central of the house and re-map the main floor map.

Like0
  • I’ve had this issue in the past. Usually it’s related to something tripping up the vacuum. If possible, restore a previous map and watch what the vacuum does. If the vacuum gets tripped up by something again, you might need to alter your environment or make the troublesome area a no-go zone.

Good luck!

Uncomfortable with new technology? Make sure you’re getting the most out of your Roborock’s app via a short walkthrough video I created at https://youtu.be/va6uf9Cmaws .

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

thaKing
Welcome to Roborock Forum