Roborock s6 map

Roborock s6 map

Hi. I've been a happy roborock s6 user for over a year. With the latest firmware using the mihome app I have recently experienced my map shifting several times with the rooms no longer being the same as when I set up the maps. I no longer see the ability to delete the current map and get a prior map since the multi floor option has been added. Any ideas?

Eli

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• I have updated to the latest firmware.

This seems to have solved the adding extra stuff to the map. No problems so far and the navigation is even more accurate. It seems it corrected something in the previous two releases

Like1
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member07/23/2020      12:14
    @Eli:

Hello,

Thanks for your info and reply.

It is glad to hear that it works so far. You can take more time to monitor its performance.

Like0
  • So I figured something out. Again the map was being messed up when small wire ties got caught in the brush and it would alter the sense of where the robot was. I wish I could go back to the old map rather than creating a new one. Any ideas how to get old maps on the new software with the new firmware?

Thank you

Like0
    Eli
    Eli06/15/2020      02:18
    @Eli:

So what I did was I factory reset my roborock S6 and now I'm running 3.5.4_1048 again. hopefully this will be fixed with a next firmware release

Like0
  • Updated via roborock app to the new firmware and now using mi home. Shows up in mi home as 3.5.8_1998

Will see what happens

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member06/17/2020      08:40
    @Eli:

Hi Eli,

Please take your time to monitor its performance, any updates, please be free to keep us posted.

Like0
    Eli
    Eli06/19/2020      04:47
    @RR_Support:

Using the latest upgrade right now.had the map shift recently. Even though it shows the correct map on the current map setting there does not seem a way to restore this map as the actual current map has errors in it. Any way to restore the saved original map?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member06/19/2020      08:46
    @Eli:

Hello, could you please send us a picture of the home map interface?

Could you please be more specific about the changes on the map? You can mark it on the map provided.

I'm afraid that there is no way to restore the historical map; you can reset the current map and re-map the house.

Note: You can relocate the dock's position to a more central area to have a try.

Like0
    Load More >>

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eli
Welcome to Roborock Forum