2 dock chargers for 2 floors - will it work?

2 dock chargers for 2 floors - will it work?

Hi Support,

I have a S5 Max robot, works quite well!

I plan to buy another dock charger, so I don't always have to carry the charger to 2nd floor.

Will this work?

Can robot work with another charger?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hello,

The S5 Max supports multi-floor maps feature now. You do not have to purchase another dock charger, because there is no need to bring the dock to 2nd floor to map the floor or clean. Only the robot is needed.

Like0
    Danijel
    Danijel06/19/2020      06:36
    @RR_Support:

That's very good! Thank you.

Anyway, for charging reasons, if I keep it on 2nd floor for long time, will it work if I have 2 docks?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member06/19/2020      08:48
    @Danijel:

Hello,

Yes, you can have 2 docks and locate one on each floor. It will work.

Like0
    Danijel
    Danijel07/02/2020      12:21
    @RR_Support:

Hi again. You say "no need to bring the dock to 2nd floor", but now my firmware is updated and 2nd floor is supported, and when I choose the option it tells me: "Move the robot and dock to a new level", and than it tells me "Ensure robot always start from dock", and than it says "Ensure robot returns to dock".

So... do I need to bring dock to 2nd floor, or only robot?

Like0
    Load More >>

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Danijel
Welcome to Roborock Forum