Roborock 5 - House too big? 2400 sqf? Are you serious? Please update the firmware this is ridiculous

Roborock 5 - House too big? 2400 sqf? Are you serious? Please update the firmware this is ridiculous

Dear all,

I just purchased my first roborock (version 5). I like it but it has a main issue: it cannot clean my house (2500 sqf) cause it is too BIG! The problems are:

1) it only returns to the charging station twice

2) It restarts when battery is a at 80%, it does not charge to 100%.

I was told this by the email customer support. So I can only make about 1900-2000 sqf. Can you guys update the firmware? I feel ripped off, nowhere it mentioned a limitation with the size of the house. Please remove the limitations above, allow unlimited recharges (until house cleaning is COMPLETE!) and allow battery to charge up to 100%!!! Or at least make it a choice for the user. It should automatically know how much it needs to charge to finish the job. I attach screenshot. Note that DND mode is off. I attached below dock location and various screenshot. One is the unfinished clean up after 211 minutes and 3 cleaning rounds (got back to recharge twice).

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Maybe do half of the house/rooms one day and the other half the next day? You could also try reducing the cleaning power in the rooms that don’t require a higher setting. The Roborock already has one of the largest batteries in its class.

That said, it appears the initial map the vacuum created might not be complete. You might want to try to artificially reduce the size of your home by closing doors or putting up temporary barriers so the “all important” initial map can be created. You could also try doing this initial clean on the lowest cleaning mode setting to help conserve battery power, but, perhaps, support has a better idea. Once this initial map is done, the vacuum will clean your house more quickly and efficiently.

Uncomfortable with new technology? Get the most out of your Roborock’s app via a short walkthrough video I created at https://youtu.be/va6uf9Cmaws .

Like1
    venexiano
    venexiano06/26/2020      16:17
    @Bink:

Thank you for your reply, really appreciated. You say "Maybe do half of the house/rooms one day and the other half the next day?". That is not possible with roborock 5. Plus, it keeps deleting the map every now and then. Reducing the cleaning power to the minimum to allow him to finish the house could be an option to finish creating the map. That wont solve the problem. I want to automatically clean the house twice per week with no extra intervenction. For this I need to roborock to allow more than 2 automatic recharges.

Like0
  • Hello,

Thanks for your suggestions. We will forward your requests to our R&D team and hope that they will add these features.

And considering it won't clean the whole house one time ( with two resume cleaning), you can set a zone cleaning to fulfill the rest area.

Or you can try methods provided by Bink, like reducing the size of your home by closing the doors manually and switch the cleaning mode.

Like0
    venexiano
    venexiano06/26/2020      16:18
    @RR_Support:

Bink says "Maybe do half of the house/rooms one day and the other half the next day?". That is not possible with roborock 5. Plus, it keeps deleting the map every now and then. Reducing the cleaning power to the minimum to allow him to finish the house could be an option to finish creating the map. That wont solve the problem. I want to automatically clean the house twice per week with no extra intervenction. For this I need to roborock to allow more than 2 automatic recharges. I am a programmer, it should be as easy as to change a C++ or Python constant from 2 to 10. I wonder how is possible that after two days from my request the updated firmware is not out yet. Could you maybe send me an updated firm with 10 max automatic recharges instead of 2? Thank you

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member06/28/2020      08:23
    @venexiano:

Hello,

If robot could not save map and create a new map when it starts every cleaning, try methods below.

1. Send us screenshot of home map interface. See attached picture.

2. Make sure map saved mode is enabled. See attached picture.

3. Go to cleaning history to send us a complete full cleaning map

4. Send us picture to show how the dock's position look like.

5. Move dock's position to another place to test again.

The S5 supports resume cleaning but it only resume cleaning twice. I'm afraid that it cannot be customized via C++ or python. And there is no such firmware which supports 10 automatic recharges. We will forward your request to our tech team and hope that they will add it. But at this moment, we cannot promise anything.

Like0
    venexiano
    venexiano07/01/2020      11:09
    @RR_Support:

I sent all the settings and maps in my first message. Any thought?

Like0
    Load More >>

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

venexiano
Welcome to Roborock Forum