Roborock S5 - Failed To Initialize Device (3)

Roborock S5 - Failed To Initialize Device (3)

Hello!

I have a Roborock S5 device and everyt ime I add the device to the Xiaomi Home app (iPhone X) - I can't seem to connect to it due to "Failed To Initialize Device (3)". I was not able to find any information about this error. Can you point to a place where I can troubleshoot the issue?

Thank you!

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• I have figured it out. The device was initially added to an application with USA region. I had a different region on my phone and it failed to initialize. Once I set the region to USA it worked fine. They probably store some sort of information about each device in what region was first used and prevent changing it.

Like0
  • Hello,

Thanks for your updates.

Glad to hear that you figured it out. It helps a lot.

If you have any further question, be free to let us know.

Like0
  • Hi , just change your country in the mi home application . Go to profile, sitting, region , keep it “Chinese mainland” 👍

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

aburelul
Welcome to Roborock Forum