S5Max Unable to Return to Starting Position on Second Floor

S5Max Unable to Return to Starting Position on Second Floor

I was able to successfully map the second floor. However, the S5Max runs all over the second floor unable to find it's starting point after finishing it's cleaning rooms. Please help? Using the latest firmware available 01.08.62. I'm using the iPhone Roborock App updated yesterday.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hello,

Thanks for reaching out.

Please go to cleaning history and send us a full cleaning map of the second floor. Please mark the starting point of the vacuum also.

Did you bring the dock to the second floor with the robot when you firstly created the 2nd floor map?

Please use wet cloth to clean the wall sensor, cliff sensors.

Like0
    Rocket
    Rocket07/03/2020      12:01
    @RR_Support:

Thanks for your help! Dock was not brought to second floor for initial mapping. I followed Support instructions. All sensors were cleaned just before cleaning.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member07/06/2020      13:13
    @Rocket:

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

If so, we suggest you to email us with the info below:

The device info. See pic attached.

We suggest you upload log to our server.

1. Put device on dock and make sure it is in charging.

2. Go to setting of device to upload log( see attached picture "log upload") so that our technician could analyze device's problem and give you a solution.

3. Tell us the time zone, exact date and time when problem or error happened like New York Time, Jan 29th, 18:36.

Like0
    Rocket
    Rocket07/12/2020      02:30
    @RR_Support:

I have emailed the device info. I have uploaded the error logs. It was unable to return to start location again today (got lost). At the end of cleaning jobs that started on 12th July at 10am and 11.10am. I had to pause to stop the S5 from searching for start location. I am awaiting your reply. Thanks so much!

Like0
    Load More >>
  • Hi, I'm having a similar problem with my S6. It was returning to the dock because of low power, and still has enough power to make it home, but it is tucked in a corned at the far end of the house. I don't want to pickup the unit for fear it messes up the mapping, but also don't know how to get it back to the dock. Any help woudl be appreciated.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member07/16/2020      12:10
    @KCE3:

Turn over the S6 and ensure that there is nothing stuck in the wheels.

Does the S6 get stuck in the same place? If so, please send us a picture of it.

Use wet cloth to clean the cliff sensors and wall sensor.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rocket
Welcome to Roborock Forum