Roborock S5 appears stuck in silent mode

Roborock S5 appears stuck in silent mode

Our S5 unit was cleaning in balanced mode today with carpet detection on when it suddenly went quite like the suction turned off. I checked on the unit with the android app and it indicated the unit was in silent mode. I tried to change it to balanced, turbo or max but it remained in silent when I would go back into the app. I powered the unit on and off and reset the base wifi which did not help. I installed the latest firmware which is 3.5.7_002008. The new firmware lets me change the cleaning mode to balanced, turbo or max but the actual unit vacuum speed remains very slow, and does not speed up on carpet either with the carpet detection on. The unit does pick up a little dust and hair, but not nearly as much as on the faster speeds. The unit is about a year old and we typically run it about twice per week. Please let me know if there is a possible remedy.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi,

Thanks for reaching out.

Please turn over the device and ensure that there is nothing stuck in the wheels and main brush.

For the suction power, could you send us a video of this abnormal behavior? You can adjust the cleaning mode and show us the difference. You can upload it online if it is large, like google drive.

Where did you purchase this S5? Could you send us a copy of the invoice/receipt?

Note: You can email us these info via support@roborock.com.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Keith
Welcome to Roborock Forum