Roborock S6 map glitches on 3.5.8 firmware

Roborock S6 map glitches on 3.5.8 firmware

I updated my S6 to the 3.5.8 firmware when it became available for me last week. Multi floor support and all, which is nice... but I only have one floor to use it on.

Since then, the Roborock experienced a never-before-seen glitch where it thought my kitchen was longer than it really was, and now the map is messed up. The map has shifted. I saw another thread from someone else who had the same exact problem with the S6 on the new firmware, but the thread seems to have been deleted.

The new firmware is also less accurate at keeping consistence between rooms. Some rooms end up diagonal. And the removal of the backup maps feature means the map just gets worse every day — these random glitches and mistakes degrade the map with every run. The backup maps kept it at a baseline of your choice.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hello,

Thanks for reaching out.

Did you enable the multi-floor maps feature? If you use it on one floor only, it is suggested to disable this feature.

Back to your case, please send us a picture of the home map interface. And go to cleaning history and send us a full cleaning map which shows the layout of the house correctly.

Use wet cloth to clean the cliff sensors and wall sensor.

Besides, you can move the dock's position and re-map the house to have a try.

Like0
    glinko3
    glinko307/26/2020      07:36
    @RR_Support:

Hi, I’m not comfortable posting my floor map here, and I had to delete the map and start over. I don’t have multi-floor mode on, and never had it on.

The main problems with the new firmware: there are no backup maps in the new firmware. Please bring those back, so we can revert to them if the map gets messed up. With the new firmware, the map will get worse and worse, little by little, every time you run the vacuum. Also, there is a mapping glitch with the new firmware, as proven by this post and the previous guy’s post with the exact same problem.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member07/26/2020      09:23
    @glinko3:

Hello,

Sorry for that. Taken your feeling into consideration, you can email us via support@roborock.com if you have more question.

For the backup maps feature, we will forward it to our tech team and hope that they can manage it in the future. You can reset to restore the old firmware as a workaround. And if there is a newer firmware, you can install it and give it a shot.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

glinko3
Welcome to Roborock Forum