Multi floor use with single dock

Multi floor use with single dock

I am waiting for multi floor map support for the S4. From what I have read there seem to be some problems with multi floor support for the s5max and S6, namely:

The vacuum needs a dock on each floor on which it is used - some users describe the roborock not automatically stopping after a clean on a second or third floor and relentlessly searching for a dock which may not be there. Spare docks don’t seem to be available for purchase.

I’ve also read that users need to manually select the map required - I was hoping the roborock would automatically recognise its location and use the correct map - does anyone have information on whether the map selection is automatic or manual?

The activation of multi floor maps may disable some other features like scheduled room cleans - is this correct?

Would be nice to hear that the roborock doesn’t need a dock on a second floor, stops after a clean if it knows there is no dock (could identity this in the app) and automatically recognises the floor map it needs to use.

Great product, great features.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hello,

There is no need to locate a dock on each floor it uses; and you only need to take the robot to other floors to clean and create the map, after it finished cleaning, it will return to the starting point.

You do not have to change the map manually, instead, the robot will detect the floor where it locates and uses the corresponding map.

Yes, with multi-floor maps feature enabled, the scheduled room cleaning is not available, but we found a method and our tech team is working on it now.

Like1
    Vander
    Vander07/27/2020      09:13
    @RR_Support:

Excellent, thank you. Just wish the S4 firmware with this feature is coming soon.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member07/30/2020      07:43
    @Vander:

You are very welcome. It is glad to help you.

If you have any further question, be free to let us know.

Like0
    jordanjd
    jordanjd08/12/2020      12:47
    @RR_Support:

Hello - when will the updated firmware to allow the S4 to have multiple maps be ready?

Like0
    Load More >>

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vander
Welcome to Roborock Forum