Roborock S4 has gone crazy

Roborock S4 has gone crazy

I was very happy with its performance for many months but my S4 is no longer working right. As soon as it leaves the dock for cleaning it exhibits very strange behavior, running into the dock multiple times before finally giving me an Error 8. I've linked to a video showing the S4 shortly after starting cleaning. Any thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QG-s7DWf9c

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Two thoughts. When was the last time you cleaned the sensors? While probably less of a concern, the manual calls for more free space to the left of the dock.

Like1
    ThunderD
    ThunderD07/28/2020      13:18
    @Bink:

I just tried both of your recommendations and got the same erratic behavior. But thank you for the suggestions!

Like0
  • Hello,

Thanks for reaching out.

Turn over the robot and ensure that there is nothing stuck in the wheels.

From the video attached, I found that the dock locates on the carpet. Try to move the dock to hard floor and The space for the dock should be no less than 0.5 m wide on the left and right side, and 1.5 m wide in front of it.

Besides, did it work well on the carpet before? Please tell us the purchase info, including seller's name, purchase date and order number.

Note: You can email us these info via support@roborock.com

Like1
    ThunderD
    ThunderD07/30/2020      16:23
    @RR_Support:

Another customer support member communicated with me by email. A popped balloon had been lodged in the right wheel and, once removed, the S4 resumed operating normally. Thanks!

Like1
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member07/31/2020      07:38
    @ThunderD:

Gotcha, thanks for your updates. It is glad to hear that you figured it out.

If you have any further question, be free to let us know.

Like0
  • Update: I have reset the S4 multiple times, but that hasn't fixed the issue.

Like0
  • Another update: I tried using the remote control function today. When I pressed forward, the S4 moved backward. Any thoughts?

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ThunderD
Welcome to Roborock Forum