s6 map shift after firmware update

s6 map shift after firmware update

I updated firm ware on my s6 to 3.5.8_2076. But now the map seems to be shifted and the home location of the robot has also been changed on the map. When I choose "edit map", I can no longer recover my previously saved map. Is there a way I can roll back to previous firmware version? Or recover from my previous maps? Thanks.

Yuheng

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hello Yuheng,

The current firmware supports multi-floor maps feature and it removes the backup maps feature. In fact, the two backup maps will be overwritten always and you may not find any rule which they are, they make little sense, that is why they got cancelled.

You can move the dock to a new location, is to power off the roborock, then power  it back on and make  it return to dock. You may need to pick it up and place it close to the dock for it to work, after that, please verify whether the map got updated. Otherwise, you need reset the current map and remap the house.

You can hard reset the S6 to roll back to the old firmware, but it is not suggested, the new firmware has added some new features and optimized the performance.

Like0
    Larry
    Larry08/06/2020      16:18
    @RR_Support:

Where is the list of what has been added?

Like0
    glinko3
    glinko308/06/2020      18:39
    @RR_Support:

Please bring backup maps back. It was better than the nothing we have now. Now if the map gets messed up, you’re out of luck and have to remap the entire house.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member08/07/2020      10:31
    @Larry:

The products support multi-floor maps feature include S5 Max, S6, S6 Pure, S6 MaxV.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

yuheng
Welcome to Roborock Forum