Inefficient cleaning

Inefficient cleaning

I have a S4. The attached map shows it doing a room clean of 1 room. Essentially it cleans the room systematically finishing most of the floor area in the area labelled 1, it then travels to the area labelled 2 to clean a tiny area in front of a room threshold, then it goes back to the area labelled 3 to clean a tiny area of floor, then it finishes the clean and goes back to base. This is clearly not the most efficient way to clean, it should complete all cleaning in the area labelled 1 and 3 then go to area labelled 2 then return to base. It cleans in this inefficient way every time. Not a big problem for me but it does seem “wrong”

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hello,

Thanks for reaching out.

From the picture attached. there are some obstacles in the label 1/3, and the robot actually passed it over and cleaned it, could you send us some pictures of the actual house?

Also, you mentioned that there is a threshold in front of label 2 area, please send us some pictures as well.

Besides, please tell us the device info.

Like0
    Vander
    Vander08/10/2020      21:46
    @RR_Support:

I sent the information and have essentially been told to remap the entire house.

I’ve only had the S4 for 2 weeks and the map was originally created with a fully open house. Apart from chairs moving, no large furniture has moved in area 1,3.

I haven’t remapped - I have in fact moved the dock to area 1,3 under the cupboard. The S4 finds it and docks easily and the room cleaning issue has been eliminated.

There is no threshold at point 2 - there is a door but the floor is continuous.

in area 1,3 there is a cupboard under which the S4 comfortably fits.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member08/13/2020      11:58
    @Vander:

Hello,

Can I say that you moved the dock to area 1,3 under the cupboard and solved the current issue?

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vander
Welcome to Roborock Forum