Roborock S6 MaxV doesn't work well on carpet

Roborock S6 MaxV doesn't work well on carpet

This is not just an issue I am having as you can see others on reddit are also experiencing this:

and

It seems like the brush barely works on carpets. For me personally, I almost never have cat fur picked up on very low pile carpet. You can see images of the examples here:

Support told someone on reddit that this is because the motor could burn out, but it barely works at all. I'd expect something like this to actually pick up cat fur on carpets and other debris but it seems like if you have carpet, it's not a good machine. Are there plans to fix this with a firmware update? It seems like others are reporting carpet is better on the S5.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Picture showing how tall the carpet is (not very tall). It's very low pile/cheap apartment carpet. Not something heavy duty.

Like1
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member09/08/2020      10:06
    @cstrasz:

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out.

Please ensure that the carpet mode has been enabled.

Turn over the robot and ensure that there is nothing tangled in the main brush.

Besides, may I know where did you purchase the S6 MaxV? Please tell us the device info.

Like0
    cstrasz
    cstrasz09/08/2020      18:17
    @RR_Support:

Hello,

The carpet mode was already on so that doesn’t seem to be the issue. I purchased it on amazon.

Info below:

Model : roborock.vacuum.a10, Serial number : R0404S03200585, UID : rr5d08b143e41830, App version : 2.1.16(iOS), Firmware version : 01.46.00

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member09/11/2020      11:44
    @cstrasz:

Hello,

Thanks for your reply and info.

Please clean the filter and main brush. Also you can send us some pictures of them.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cstrasz
Welcome to Roborock Forum