S5 Max side brush gets stuck in carpet

S5 Max side brush gets stuck in carpet

My S5 Max side brush gets stuck in carpet and the vacuum do not move after that. This carpet has dark blue and ivory color pattern at the edges. S5 Max finds it hard to climb over carpet at the blue color edges, it thinks that side is a cliff. It climbs only over the light color edges.

I do not understand why vacuum need side brush on carpets. if there is a way to turn off side brush on carpets, it might work.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Here is the carpet I have

Like1
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member10/14/2020      10:40
    @sans:

Hello,

Thanks for your info.

Our vacuum may not work on some deep color carpets or carpet with different color patterns, because the carpet will absorb light, which will make device misidentify the carpet as cliff and avoid to clean.

Unfortunately, there is no switch on hardware or software to disable cliff sensor which is necessary in most occasions. Hope you can understand and forgive this drawback.

If you really hope to disable it, you could try to use white tags to cover all sensors lightly.

But make sure the tags doesn't interfere other parts near like side brush, charging contact and front bumper. Besides, it may cause some other potential risks like falling on stair or other errors.

Also, there is no option to disable side brush. Instead, you can set no mop zone or no go zone around the carpet area to avoid the stuck issue.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

sans
Welcome to Roborock Forum