How do deal with sunken rooms and thresholds

How do deal with sunken rooms and thresholds

I am debating what model is right for me, whether a single Roborock vac with multi-floor support will serve my needs, or whether I need multiple robots.

SUNKEN ROOMS: My home has more than one sunken room. i.e., there is no door between the rooms, but there is a step down of a few inches. The robot could easily see one room from the other, but cannot navigate the step without being lifted. If I lift and "help" the robot over that step, will it continue to map that space as a single level that I can perhaps later divide into rooms for targeted cleaning?

THRESHHOLDS: My home also has several thresholds: a barrier that's at least an inch high that separates one room from the other (one is a little higher, see photo). The robot will have trouble getting over this. Can I "help" the robot do this for mapping purposes, then later divide the map into rooms for targeted cleaning?

If the above things aren't possible, then I'm afraid I would need to treat the home as 6 "floors" with multiple robots.

Thoughts?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quaker
Welcome to Roborock Forum