Floor recognition when told to dock not working

Floor recognition when told to dock not working

I have a new S5 max.

I have 2 floors saved.

If I pin and go on the main floor, allow the robot to stop, then pick the robot up and move it to the second floor and set it to clean all, the robot positions itself and loads the second floor map and starts cleaning. When the clean is finished or if I pause cleaning and move it to the main floor and tell it to return to the dock it goes into positioning mode but fails to recognise and load the main floor map. It starts creating a new map, finds the dock and docks ok. I then have to manually restore the main floor map. 

If I do the same process but tell the robot to clean when I return it to the main floor, it successfully loads the main floor map and starts cleaning.

Isn’t the robot supposed to recognise the main floor, load the correct map and then return to the dock; robot seems to check for and load the floor map when told to clean but not when you tell it to dock.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hello,

Try to turn off the robot first, and move it to the second floor to start cleaning; after finished, you can move it back to the main floor and put the robot 1 meter away from the dock and verify whether it can return to the dock.

Like0
    Vander
    Vander10/23/2020      11:51
    @RR_Support:

Hello

The robot returns to the dock quite quickly actually - regardless of how far away from the dock it starts, the actual docking is not the problem. The problem is that it does not locate itself and load the correct map when told to dock, it locates itself and loads the correct map when told to clean.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member10/24/2020      08:09
    @Vander:

Hello,

Thanks for your reply and info.

When you move the robot from second floor to the main floor and let the robot return to recharge, it will locates itself on the map for second floor, which causes position failed and it will find the dock without map.

For the "new" map you mentioned, it is a temporary recharge map, it won't affect the performance; and after you start it cleaning the first floor, it will load the correct map and do its job.

Like0
    Vander
    Vander10/24/2020      16:08
    @RR_Support:

Hello

Yes but only if I go into the app and manually reload the first floor map. The temporary map stays loaded until I change it. Is it not possible to just tell the robot to do a full localisation when it is told to dock, this would be better when the robot is used in a multifloor home.

Like0
    Load More >>

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vander
Welcome to Roborock Forum