Named room cleaning

Named room cleaning

I have discovered a flaw in the named room cleaning function. The function works well as long as the correct map is already loaded. If I move my S5 Max to another floor and ask google to clean a named room google replies that the vacuum will go to the room, the robot goes through it’s positioning process, loads the correct map but then starts cleaning all the rooms, not just the named room given to google assistant.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hello,

Please send us some pictures of the current map.

Go to cleaning history and send us a problematic cleanup map, please mark the selected room on the map.

Like0
    Vander
    Vander10/23/2020      11:27
    @RR_Support:

Hello

This is the map with the room that I asked google to tell roborock to clean. If the correct floor map is already loaded it works and the vacuum goes to the correct room . If the vacuum has been placed here after being on a different floor, it goes through the location process, loads the correct map as a shown but then highlights all the rooms and starts cleaning all rooms, ignoring the google request

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member10/24/2020      08:06
    @Vander:

Hello,

Thanks for your reply and info.

It seems that it did not recognize the specific room name correctly, that is why it switched to full cleaning.

Please ensure that room name matches this specific map. And may I know what it is? You can give it a simple name to have a try.

Like0
    Vander
    Vander10/24/2020      16:03
    @RR_Support:

Hello

The room name is Theodore, however the robot shows this behaviour whichever room I choose with google - I have rooms called passage, bathroom, study - I have tried them all. The robot locates itself, loads the correct map then starts to clean the whole floor not just the room told to google. If the floor map is loaded before I ask google then it works correct - the specific room told to google is cleaned.

So basically it is not a problem with room name recognition.

Like0
    Load More >>

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vander
Welcome to Roborock Forum