Positioning failure

Positioning failure

vacuum start scheduled cleaning, but barely leaves the dock and says positioning failure. It does not return to the dock. It works just fine if you schedule it manually.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hello,

What is the model number of your robot? Could you send us a video of this abnormal behavior?

Ensure that there is nothing on the way out.

You can change another schedule time to have a try.

Besides, you can move the dock's position to a more central area of the house and ensure that there is enough space for it.

Like0
  • My Roborock S7 MaxV has also started having repeated positioning failures. I took it apart and did not find any obstructions. Software is up to date. It will clean when I have it clean a specific room. I am going to try and delete the programmed schedules and see if that helps.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member11/24/2022      10:24
    @AnniversaryVac:

Hi, thanks for your updates.

This issue is usually related to the map. You can delete the current map and remap the house and try again to see if it helps.

Like0
    CleanSweeper
    CleanSweeper01/03/2023      10:57
    @RR_Support:

Mine is doing the same as described above. I just did the remapping not long ago because of this issue and it worked ok for a while. Now it’s back to doing it again and nothing has changed about the map. I did a thorough cleaning of all the sensors and anything else I could think of. Some other ideas would be appreciated. I will try remapping again if nothing else but it takes some time as I have quite a few rooms and no go zones to set up.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member01/12/2023      16:19
    @CleanSweeper:

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out. We suggest you move the dock to a room where the surrounding environment of dock doesn't move frequently. It's suggested to place it away from chairs and table legs.

Like0
  • The s7 new from Amazon worked 2x, then went nuts never repositioning. Factory reset, quick map, worked normal and then went nuts again before finishing 1 cleaning. Trying to do new quick map and obviously something about this thing has issues. Average 3 bedroom home. Typical amount of furniture. Not moving stuff. Dock on large wall nothing anywhere nearby. Wife not happy.

Like0
    Gumby
    Gumby04/17/2023      14:48
    @Gumby:

Here’s my map tracking and a video. The actual position of video is hall on right side whereas the position on the map has the bot location midway through the home to left. No stopping or pausing. Happened without interference of any sort.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member04/20/2023      01:33
    @Gumby:

It seems like there's something wrong with the robot sensor.

We hope we could work with you to locate the cause and address it. Would you please contact us at support@roborock.com(if you are in EU, contact support@roborock-eu.com)so that we can better assist?

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

nlldvm03
Welcome to Roborock Forum