Roborock S5 Error 4 Cliff sensors

Roborock S5 Error 4 Cliff sensors

I've been dealing with Roborock support on the above topic for some time now and found out that the infrared leds on the 2 left cliff sensors are not emitting light. I just downloaded an Infrared Receiver App and scanned all 4 sensors. The 2 on the right side of the robot are lighting up but the 2 on the left are not. If there was only 1 sensor not lighting up I would assume the sensor would have to be replaced but since it's 2 sensors not working I' not sure! it would be a big coincidence to have 2 sensors broken at the same time. So my question is: Is this a problem with the left sensors assembly or is this the motherboard that's not sending the right signals to the left cliff sensors?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hello,

Thanks for your info.

May I know where did you purchase this S5? What is the serial number?

Like0
    mfthomaz
    mfthomaz10/28/2020      19:58
    @RR_Support:

Hello, thanks for your reply.

The S5 was bought in Dubai from Amazon. Please see below pics of the information stickers on the robot.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member10/30/2020      12:26
    @mfthomaz:

Hello,

Thanks for your reply and info.

Under such circumstances, we suggest you contact seller for warranty service. As the manufacturer, we could provide customer technical support and seller is responsible for warranty. It is because we have agreement with our first class official distributors when we sell devices to them that warranty of product is provided by sellers. We appreciate your understanding.

Like0
    mfthomaz
    mfthomaz10/30/2020      13:28
    @RR_Support:

Hi support, I have already contacted the seller without success. And I was informed that the robot is no longer under warranty. So, at this time, I really need technical support to troubleshoot the problem and get it fixed. And it is my understanding that you as the manufacturer can provide that support. Awaiting your reply,

Like0
    Load More >>

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mfthomaz
Welcome to Roborock Forum