Side brush/catch/damage concern?

Side brush/catch/damage concern?

Hello,

I am running an exciting new E4. On its first run, the side brush twisted up and caused the unit to get completely stuck on my carpeted area multiple times (but would run for a good while without getting stuck as well - otherwise I would not have let it keep going after one or two incidents). Further, the unit caught the home/base locator under the edge of a cabinet (it got under but couldn't get back out) two times. I heard it struggle from the other room. Obviously, I would not want this type of thing happening all the time, but on that first run, one never knows what it is going to do until running it... My question:

Do I need to worry that these incidents of getting stuck could have damaged/shortened the life of my Roborock E4, or is the system sufficiently smart to protect itself before any motor/gear etc. damage could occur from this type of situation? I really love this unit already and want a bright future for it😊. Thanks for great products and support!

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Nevermind... An excellent support member assisted me via email. In the event that anyone is curious, the answer is that there is no concern about motor/mechanical damage etc. from a scenario such as the ones described.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member11/05/2020      10:14
    @883:

Good to know that; if you have any further question be free to let us know.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to Roborock Forum