S6 Maxv Main Brush Not Spinning on Carpet

S6 Maxv Main Brush Not Spinning on Carpet

I have a brand new s6 Maxv and loved it for 2 days, not the main brush will not spin on carpet. I have a S5 that has no issues on the same carpet, but now the s6 will not spin. A quick Google search yielded a lot of results with people plagued with this same issue. Looking to get some support on this as it seems to be a defect affecting A LOT of users. Its a share too because the when the vacuum worked it was great and outperformed all of my other robot vacuums. Hoping to getting official recognition of this issue and confirmation of a fix.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hello,

Please send us some pictures of the main brush and carpets you use; you can send us a short video of the abnormal behavior.

Note: You can upload it online and share us the link.

Ensure that the carpet mode has enabled, and please send us the device info.

Like0
    jbrown705
    jbrown70511/20/2020      05:11
    @RR_Support:

I have already done all of this via email with customer service. I have not heard back.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member11/20/2020      09:02
    @jbrown705:

Do not worry, our agent will follow up. Please kindly wait with patience.

Like0
    jbrown705
    jbrown70511/28/2020      04:49
    @RR_Support:

Never heard back. Sent the vacuum back. Tried 3 of them all with the same issue. This is embarrassing for your guys. Its a vacuum that can really vacuum. It seems to be more that just your s6 Maxv, looks like some s5 max's, all version of the s6 and even the s4.

Like0
    Load More >>
  • Just adding my experience of this issue as it actually turns out to be a benefit in my house.

I have all hardwood floors in my house with a few rugs of different thicknesses and fabrics on the hardwood floor.

With "carpet mode" enabled the robot recognizes when it´s on a rug and increases suction to maximum. The brush is spinning on all my thinner short haired carpets.

But I have two big thicker rugs with 4 cm long strings. When I removed the dust bin to observe the brush on these rugs I noticed the strings getting pulled up by the brush and wrap halfway around the brush. The robot then stopped the brush and continued cleaning. I am pretty sure that if it didn´t do this, the robot would get stuck or burn the brush motor.

So for me and my house this turns out to be a very good feature. If the brush did not spin on the short haired carpets though I would be very dissapointed.

Like0
  • Was this ever solved?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member01/21/2022      08:56
    @Mcaleer1:

Hi, thanks for reaching out.

Currently there's still no option to stop the side brush from spinning on carpet. If the carpet you have is an medium pile one, you can try and use another type of side brush from roborock that has 3 arms only, which can deal with some carpets better.

You can reach out to our support team at support@roborock.com to get further assistance.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

jbrown705
Welcome to Roborock Forum