Returning to the dock when there is no dock on that level

Returning to the dock when there is no dock on that level

I'm amazed at how intelligent the robot is .. most of the time. But the multiple maps functionality needs some work. For example, why would the robot announce "Returning to dock" when it knows that there is no dock on that map? Where is it going? It also gives an error message that is very incorrect, such as "Error 23: clean the charging station". OK, but the problem is that there is no dock on that level. Instead it should say, "Returning to starting position" and then stop there.

Conversely, if I command the robot to return to dock via the app or home button, it should automatically load the map which has the dock on it. It would make no sense to tell it to return to dock if there wasn't one on that level.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi,

What about the firmware version of the S5 Max? Is it the latest one?

Are there big differences between the two floors? Or they have the similar layout?

We suggest you upload the log to our server.

1. Put device on dock and make sure it is in charging.

2. Go to setting of device to upload log( see attached picture "log upload") so that our technician could analyze device's problem and give you a solution. After the log's uploaded, please leave the device on the charging dock for at least 2 hours.

3. Tell us the time zone, exact date and time when problem or error happened like New York Time, Jan 29th, 18:36.

Note: We suggest you email us so that we can continue to follow up. support@roborock.com

Like0
    TallerGal
    TallerGal11/30/2020      22:09
    @RR_Support:

I have contacted support regarding another issue and never got any response. But I will try as requested. I have sent the info to support and uploaded the logs.

To answer your questions, this is Model : roborock.vacuum.s5e, Firmware version : 01.10.26

My four maps are not similar at all. But that's not part of the problem I am reporting here. The problem is the robot knows there is no dock on the level it is cleaning, yet it tries to go back to the dock anyway. It should simply return to starting position and stop. It should not tell the customer to clean the dock.

Nov 30 EST 09:29 AM With map “Study” loaded, room clean x2 started by app began. There is no dock on map "Study".

Nov 30 EST 10:34 AM Room cleaning complete. Going back to the dock.  This is the problem. The robot knows there is no dock on this level but it goes looking for the dock anyway.

Nov 20 EST 10:34 AM Recharging error. Clean the transmission area on the charging dock.  This also is a problem. It is giving an incorrect error message. It shouldn’t tell customer to clean the dock when the problem is that the robot was looking for a dock on a map that had no dock. 

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/01/2020      08:22
    @TallerGal:

Hello,

We have received your email, please kindly wait with patience, we will follow up asap.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TallerGal
Welcome to Roborock Forum