New S5 Max not connecting to wifi! (first time setting up)

New S5 Max not connecting to wifi! (first time setting up)

Hello,

I received my S5 Max order just now, and I am not able to set it up, as it doesn't detect in the Roborock app. I have followed the following steps (repeatedly):

1. Download the app from google play store scanning the barcode from the pamphlet inside the box.
  2. The app detects an S5 Max, tries to connect to the device but fails. It goes through first 2 steps, and fails on the last step where the device is trying to connect to the network. I am using a 2.4G network, and the signal strength is excellent. None of the other devices have any problem connecting to the network.
  3. I tried resetting the wifi on the S5 Max multiple times (by pressing the power and home button at the same time) and repeat the process, same result.
  4. I have tried uninstalling and installing the roborock app multiple times but no luck.

Please help me out. This is very frustrating, as I was really excited to set it up and use it. I really don't understand how a simple step like connecting to a wifi network can be so painful!

EDIT: After about 10 attempts, I could connect to the device in the app. It seems okay now. I hope the problem doesn't occur in future when connecting to a different network, in case.

Regards,

Swapnil

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hello,

Thanks for your update.

Glad to hear that you figured it out.

If you have any further question, be free to let us know.

Like0
  • Hello,

The issue is back and it is incredibly frustrating.

It's not even 2 weeks after I got my S5 Max, and today the Roborock app started showing 'Device Offline'. Now it WILL NOT CONNECT to wifi!. I have tried reseting the wifi 15-20 times now, it gets stuck on device connecting to wifi step for a few minutes and then says failed to connect.

Again, there is absolutely no issue with my wifi connection/router.

This is a very bad experience for me. Please help me out with a workaround, or a replacement if the device is faulty, or I will be forced to return it.

Like0
    Mark
    Mark12/12/2020      11:19
    @Swapnil:

Not sure if it helps but things seemed to be better for me when I turned off 5g wifi so my phone and bot were then on the same network. Also, I assigned a fixed ip for the bot on my router.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/12/2020      13:26
    @Swapnil:

Hello,

Try reboot the robot and router and re-add it.

You can reset the wifi and reconnect it to the home wifi network.

Also, you can try the methods "Mark" mentioned.

Like0
    Swapnil
    Swapnil12/16/2020      18:11
    @Mark:

Thanks for the response Mark!

Like0
    Load More >>

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Swapnil
Welcome to Roborock Forum