Google home named rooms

Google home named rooms

Hello,

I have a Roborock s5 and I have it connected to Google home. Is it supported to tell Roborock to clean a specific room via Google home? I have each room named but every time I tell google to clean a specific room, it cleans all rooms.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hello,

Thanks for reaching out.

You can clean specific room via Google home. What are the room names you set up? Try to give them simple name, like my bedroom to have a try.

Like0
    Redline
    Redline12/02/2020      21:38
    @RR_Support:

Thanks, looks like the problem was that I had a space in the names. Removing the spaces worked.

Like0
    Amirr123
    Amirr12304/15/2024      06:26
    @Redline:

Google Home's capability to assign names to rooms adds a new level of convenience to smart home management. With a simple command, users can instruct their Google Home device to control specific rooms equipped with smart devices. Whether it's adjusting the lights in the living room or setting the thermostat in the bedroom, the integration of room names streamlines the process. Imagine commanding, Hey Google, turn off the lights in the study with the Chevron Wood Flooring, and seeing it effortlessly executed, enhancing both efficiency and elegance in home automation.

Like0
    aniaqueen232
    aniaqueen23204/17/2024      07:25
    @Redline:

good post

Like0
  • Same here. Downstairs rooms have one word labels (e.g. hall, toilet, kitchen etc.) and no matter what Goggle commands I use (Start vacuuming hall, star cleaning hall etc) it still ignores the room label and just starts cleaning.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/03/2020      09:45
    @Raven219:

Try to clear the cache, reinstall the app; re-enable siri skills; or you can change another voice command.

Try normal bedroom/living room also.

Like0
    Mishu
    Mishu04/18/2024      15:39
    @RR_Support:

Google Home allows users to assign names to different rooms in their homes, enabling precise control of smart devices and tailored commands. This feature enhances convenience and efficiency in managing smart home setups. For expert assistance with <a href="https://edubirdie.ae/dissertation-help-dubai">dissertation writing help</a>, reach out to our professional team for comprehensive support.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Redline
Welcome to Roborock Forum