Selecting a floor in the Android app is no longer possible

Selecting a floor in the Android app is no longer possible

Hi,

Since a week or so there is no longer a possibility to select the floor where the Roborock cleaner is at.

I have a S5 max. It used to be possible in the default screen:

My wife has an I phone, there it is still possible?

Any thoughts how to fix this? (and yes my phone and app is updated to the latest)

Thanks!

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hello,

is your device T7 Pro or S6 MaxV?

Do you mean that the option to switch map on the home map interface is gone? If yes, do not worry, it is moved to the "edit map" - map management page.

And there is no need to switch map manually, the robot can detect the floor and switch to the corresponding map automatically.

Besides, you still can change the map manually.

Like0
    TallerGal
    TallerGal12/03/2020      14:17
    @RR_Support:

It sounds like you are still not acknowledging that removing map selection from the home page is causing your customers issues. It is inconvenient to go several steps in Map Manage to select a map, and counter-intuitive to have to "restore" a map just to select one. Also, you are not acknowledging that the robot has problems figuring out which map it should use. It is not "automatic" as you say.

Like0
  • It should not be automatic. I put my robot on the first floor and say I want room 1 & 2 to be cleaned only (for example).

If I select clean without changing my maps, it cleans all.

So I have to change map if I want to make a room selection.

Anyhow the work arround (button to restore map) should work. (restore gave me the idea that I goes back to an pervious version of the map 😅)

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/04/2020      09:30
    @CleanyClown:

I see, thanks for your reply and info.

We will let our RD team and they will work on it and optimize it. For now, you can use the "restore" function as a workaround.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CleanyClown
Welcome to Roborock Forum