S6 Max V ?

Hi,

I recently purchased a S5 Max, but was disappointed by its lack of ability on dark/black carpets (it thinks its a hole and freaks out) this caused me to unfortunately have to return the item as it made the device essentially worthless to me. I loved everything else.

So I went with iRobot, and it works flawlessly with my dark/black carpets. Its just the software and the path finding is horrible on the iRobot.

My question is how does the S6 Max V fair on dark carpet? With its improved vision can it now tell that carpet is not a hole? Have you upgraded the fall sensor to fix the issue?

Basically if you have, I may be inclined to return this iRobot and buy a V6 Max V when it becomes available.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Don't buy the Max V it has the same problem. I will be returning mine. Everything else is great - but if it can't clean a large area rug just because it has dark patterns then it is essentially worthless.

Like0
  • and it was enough to tape up the cliff sensors. It does not change the fact that roborock should solve it in the application, allowing you to turn off the sensors.

Like0
    Hardy
    Hardy12/13/2020      17:57
    @VANT:

Can you please explain how to do this? I tried to tape over the cliff sensors on my S6 Pure, but got an error. Thanks.

EDIT: Neverminded, I figured it out. I tried at first to just tape over 2 of the 4 sensors to see if it would work at all, but that caused an error. When I taped over all 4 sensors however, it worked. I guess there is some logic that crosschecks between sensors.

Like0
  • My S6 MaxV have no problems with dark and black carpets. But I agree that Roborock should add the ability to turn the cliff sensors off.

Like0
  • I have the S4 which has absolutely NO problems with black carpet and I have the S4 MAX which does EXACTLY what you just said. It thinks it's going to fall down a big void and wigs out. THEY need to fix this in the firmware!

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

JaydenLouis
Welcome to Roborock Forum