S5 Max Firmware 01.10.26 Problem with Mopping

S5 Max Firmware 01.10.26 Problem with Mopping

Hi RR, after using this latest FW, there is a problem with the mopping, the robot running with abnormal path.

I had did all this steps to fix and figure out what happen:

1. Cleaning all the sensor with wet cloth (side, front, and cliff sensor)
  2. Detach the water tank and mop (vacuum only )- the robot run normally
  3. Attach water tank and set the water flow to off - robot run normally
  4. Attach water tank and set water with low - problem occur after running for 3 minutes.
  5. Try to do reset and hard reset, the problem remain the same with mopping with low water flow.

Something I notice with this latest FW:

Water flow even setting with low but the water come out to much and causing the mop become to wet and finally the water acting like mirror in the hardfloor especially tile, marble, and granite. That is why the robot become running with abnormal path.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hello,

Sorry to hear that it did not help. For this issue, our engineers are working on it and will fix it asap.

Besides, may I know when and where you purchased this robot?

Like0
    Aneesh
    Aneesh12/10/2020      00:25
    @RR_Support:

I am in Europe/Portugal and having the exact same problem . it seems to detect imaginary obstacles and goes around in circles trying to avoid those areas. Problem remains even after removing the mop.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/10/2020      13:27
    @Aneesh:

Replied to you on another post.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Johan
Welcome to Roborock Forum