S6 MAXV: Multi-cycles for zoned cleaning is not working

S6 MAXV: Multi-cycles for zoned cleaning is not working

I have Galaxy Note10+ with latest Roborock ap and firmware on the S6 MAXV

I wanted to spot clean an area several times as there was a tea stain on the floor but there is no multi-cycle option for spot cleaning. Please add it.

So, next I tried zone cleaning where there is a multi-cycle option but I am unable to increase the number of cycles for the zone. Seems to be UI bug. Please fix.

Work around :

I used multiple overlapping zones. I noticed that on first pass a pedastel was correctly recognised but on the second pass the recognised object appear to have no effect on the cleaning and the roborock tried to clean the base of the pedastel... Is this a known bug? Please fix.

Oberservation:

It's possible to get the Robock to change the direction of mopping for each overlaping zone if the zone shapes are chosen appropritaely and so that the long direction of the zones are at 90 degress to each other. It would be nice if Roborock announced/displayed which of the overlapping zones it was cleaning.

M

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hello,

You can set multi-cycle zone cleaning. You need add zone first and then add the cleaning times. see pic below:

Like0
    Mark
    Mark12/14/2020      17:34
    @RR_Support:

I just found a work around for the unresponsive zone cycles setting. If I select room cleaning I can then change the cycles as expected. Then if I select zone cleaning the cycles previously chosen are kept.

Like0
  • I tried that it didn't work. The adding of extra cycles just deselects the zone (no handles and a greyed out box). However, sometimes after many attempts and taps it works but very unreliably. When it does work the zone is not delselected and the cycles increments as expected.

I managed after several minutes to get the cycles to 3 but to reset back to 1 I had to back out all the way to the device selection so that the map is reloaded. Removing to zone did not reset the cycles.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/16/2020      08:29
    @Mark:

It is weird, could you send us a short video of the abnormal behavior?

Also, you can clear the cache on the app, switch to cellular data instead of wifi, or you can reinstall the app to have a try.

Like0
    Mark
    Mark12/18/2020      15:24
    @RR_Support:

As I suspected its a UI problem. If I hit an area below the button it responds as expected but doesn't repsond if I press the button directly. tried both finger and stylus (Note10+). I am using a Galaxy note10 plus.

As a side note . Will the app be getting support for landscape mode? Only remote viewing supports it but not the rest.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/19/2020      08:50
    @Mark:

Thanks for your reply and info.

For the landscape mode, we have no idea yet; we will forward your request to our RD team though.

Like1

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mark
Welcome to Roborock Forum