Can I run the S6 without mapping?

Can I run the S6 without mapping?

Hi all,

First time poster in this sub. My partner and I bought the S6 a couple months back on Prime Day, but haven’t gotten it out of the box yet. We’re currently nearing the end of a total remodel of our house. Flooring is officially down (LVP) but we still have to do some painting and install base. All that said, our house will look VASTLY different in a month or two once we are done and move all of our furniture in (currently in storage.)

I would like to be able to run the bot on a vacuum / mop cycle because the floors are dusty. I would close two of the bedroom doors leaving around 1200 sq ft to clean, single level.

Is this doable, or will it confuse the bot too much when we later open those doors and move furniture in? Right now we sleep on an air mattress in the living room but the bed location gets changed often based on current projects.

So I guess what I’m trying to ask is, can I run the bot now and remap the house later, or is it better to wait until we’re more settled and just use a regular vacuum in the interim?

Thanks to all who took time to read this!

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

marikelis47
Welcome to Roborock Forum