S5 Max can't finish a map.

S5 Max can't finish a map.

Just got a new S5 Max set up and I'm trying to let it map the house. I've tried this twice now, and both times it gets nearly finished, then the battery gets low and it needs to be recharaged. I let it charge, then try to start it again, and instead of picking up where it left off and finishing the amp, it wipes the old map out and starts over. There's not even a warning in the app telling you its about to wipe out the map its made so far. How can I get it to finish the map it started before it had to recharge.=?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hello,

The robot supports resume cleaning, after it recharged itself, do not start the robot manually, instead, let the robot resume cleaning automatically.

How resume cleaning works?

1. When battery is 20% during cleaning, robot goes back to dock for charging.

2. When battery is 80% on dock, robot goes to the spot where it left to resume cleaning.

3. When battery is 20% again during cleaning, robot goes back to dock for charging.

4. When battery is 80% again on dock, robot goes to the spot where it left to resume cleaning.

5. When battery is 20% again during cleaning, robot goes back to dock for charging.

But this time robot won't resume cleaning even it is fully charged and will always stay on dock. cleaning is over

Notice:

1. Robot could only resume cleaning twice.

2. You may not notice robot has resumed cleaning if you are not looking at the robot on the moment.

3. Robot won't resume cleaning on above point 2 and 4 if the moment is during the DND period(No Disturb mode). Please disable DND mode and try again. See attached picture.

Like0
    Jesster
    Jesster12/22/2020      14:48
    @RR_Support:

Okay, but that will only work if the robot is cleaning on the same floor as its dock. Currently the dock is on the main floor and I was cleaning the upstairs rooms. When it ran out of battery without finishing the upstairs map, I had to carry it back down to its dock to recharge. It can't resume on it's own, I need to carry it back upstairs before it can resume cleaning. How can I get it to finish the upstairs map if I can't let it resume on its own?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/23/2020      12:05
    @Jesster:

Gotcha, if the robot cannot finish cleaning in one run, it is suggested to move the dock to the upstairs with the robot together.

Like0
    Jesster
    Jesster12/23/2020      18:52
    @RR_Support:

I've already used the adhesive pads on the bottom of the dock to stick it to the floor as suggested in the manual. If I move it upstatirs (which is all capeted) not only will I have to pull up the stickers, they'll get full of carpet fuzz and not work as well if I put it on the upstairs carpet.

This seems like a pretty serious design flaw that you can't manually instruct the robot to resume mapping. Also, the app should really provide a warning before you do something that will wipe out a partially completed map.

Like0
    Load More >>
  • Same issue. Won’t finish map on upstairs floor when dock on first floor. Doesn’t make sense that I can’t hit a button on the app to continue where it left off. How can this be fixed?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member07/01/2021      06:08
    @BotMagik:

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Currently, there is not a fix yet. We've reported the issue to our tech team and hope it can be addressed soon.

In this case, if the robot can not finish the cleaning on upstairs on one full battery, you need need to bring the charger together with the robot, or a second dock may be needed.

Best regards.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jesster
Welcome to Roborock Forum