Roborock S5 refuses to connect to WiFi after factory reset

Roborock S5 refuses to connect to WiFi after factory reset

Hello,

my roborock s5 has been dropping the WiFi over the last few weeks and every time I tried to reset the WiFi (pressing spot clean and charge button together to reset) it would not connect. I had to do a factory reset of the device and then add the device and then try and reconnect to WiFi I was successful doing that(even though it was frustrating doing this every few weeks)

Today my luck is run out and even after doing a factory reset, I am unable to get the roborock to connect to my WiFi. I am unable to get it on my WiFi even after resetting the WiFi, brining it close to router, etc.

Do you have any suggestions on how I can rectify this issue

Thanks in advance!

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hello,

Could you use another phone to take a video showing how you connect device to app and send us the video? We believe video could help us figure out a solution.

We suggest you put phone's camera close to phone screen. Besides, also record how wifi indicator(see attached picture) flashes in connection process.

You could upload video to google drive and share us the link if video file is large.

If you understand the router's setting well, change DNS to 8.8.8.8 in the router's settings page.

Reboot your router and try again.

You could connect it to hotspot from a smartphone.

You must get 2 smart phones( A and B) .

1. Enable phone A's hotspot in phone's setting and create a name and password of hotspot.

2. Use phone B to install app and try to make robot cleaner connect hotspot sent from phone A.

Forget about the wifi from router in the whole process.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Maverick21
Welcome to Roborock Forum