S5 asked for firmware update, now it won't connect to network or allow network reset

S5 asked for firmware update, now it won't connect to network or allow network reset

The Mi app said the S5 had a recommended firmware update today so I had it update. After it restarted it has been "offline" in the app. I attempted to reset the wifi but it never goes further than "scanning", even if I manually connect to the Roborock S5 network on my phone or tablet.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hello,

Could you use another phone to take a video showing how you connect device to app and send us the video? We believe video could help us figure out a solution.

We suggest you put phone's camera close to phone screen. Besides, also record how wifi indicato) flashes in connection process.

You could upload video to google drive and share us the link if video file is large.

Also, you can try to:

1. clear the cache on the app.
    2. reinstall the app
    3. reboot the router and your robot
    Like0
    Kelly
    Kelly01/02/2021      00:46
    @RR_Support:

1, 2 & 3 attempted with no change

Video of last attempt to connect available at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dd2ZPpeVFTjE90DI8KvCNkiqOuzdukcw/view?usp=sharing

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member01/02/2021      06:30
    @Kelly:

That is weird. What is the serial number of your robot?

Try to change the another cellphone to have a try.

Like0
    Kelly
    Kelly01/02/2021      15:42
    @RR_Support:

I have tried with cellphone and tablet, same result.

R0028S94105023

Like0
    Load More >>

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kelly
Welcome to Roborock Forum