Cleaning behind doors, and manually moving to different room

Cleaning behind doors, and manually moving to different room

Hello,

I recently purchased a roborock s6 MaxV and have two questions:

1) My floor plan currently has one hall and 2 bedrooms. I want the vacuum to sometimes clean behind the bedroom doors (when I'm around to guide it). Any ideas on how to do this in the most efficient manner? I can make the vacuum go to a point inside a room, close the door and spot clean behind the door. But doing this for 2 bedrooms is more cumbersome than manually vacuuming those sections with a handheld dyson. Would appreciate suggestions.

2) On this same floor, I have two more rooms that have 2" thresholds so my roborock hasn't been able to make it to these rooms. I manually lifted it and placed it in one of the rooms and the first time around it thought it was in one of the existing rooms and started changing my original map. I'm not sure how to undo these changes. The second time around it started making a brand new map. Is there a way to get the roborock to the new room but have the room be part of the existing map?

Thanks!

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• For (2) I was able to build a ramp (with cardboard) for roborock to go over the threshold. My existing map is getting updated, but the new areas are in gray. How do I merge the existing room with these newly found gray areas? Thanks!

Like0
    Vinay
    Vinay01/08/2021      14:24
    @Vinay:

There was no way to merge the existing map with newly scanned areas. I had to delete the whole map and start over. Frustrating but hopefully a one-time issue.

Like0
  • For 1 I run a normal clean but close the door after it enters the room When its gone around the room I then open the door again so it can get the next area to be cleaned.

If I don't have the inclination to do this I use low powered electric leaf blower to blow the dust out from behind the door and other inaccessible places.

Like0
    Vinay
    Vinay01/08/2021      14:24
    @Mark:

Thanks for the tip Mark. I did the same and it worked great!

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vinay
Welcome to Roborock Forum