S6 won’t power on

S6 won’t power on

2 month old S6 that has been working well has suddenly lost power and will not do anything (no lights, sounds, or movement). I have charged it for hours on its dock after cleaning the contact points on the S6 and the dock itself. The white light on the dock’s tower goes off when I set the vacuum on the charging pads, so I know the dock has electricity and that contacts with the vacuum are being made. I can’t reset it because it won’t do anything, regardless of whether I push buttons or try to access it through the app. Any help is appreciated!

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• It's possible that the robot has a system crash. Maybe you can reinstall the battery to have a try. Here's the instruction video:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16Q25pV6RWX_zGMZEi5IiloCd_dt-xake

Like0
    In2bator
    In2bator01/23/2021      14:48
    @RR_Support:

Will doing this void the manufacturers warranty? I don’t want to do anything that will compromise a warranty claim.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member01/26/2021      05:14
    @In2bator:

Normally, with our written permission, that won't void the warranty. But just in case, you can contact support@roborock.com and provide your purchase information and SN to get further instruction.

Open the cover of the device and take out the dustbin. There's a barcode on the bottom of the device (not on dustbin). The SN is under the barcode like R0201S82418800.

If the device has already been added to the app, SN could also be checked there. 

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In2bator
Welcome to Roborock Forum